Specialist Chauffeur Services (SCS) are duty bound and committed to protect and respect your privacy.
SCS are registered with the ICO Data Protection Register under registration number ………
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you book services as a passenger in England, the data controller is SCS (as set out in your booking confirmation).
This policy explains the basis on which we will process any personal data or usage information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with your use of our websites and our mobile booking app or our services.
Please read this policy completely and carefully so that you understand your rights in relation to your personal data, and how we will collect, use and process your personal data.
If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice in general or any part of it, you should not access the Websites, the Apps or use our services.
The information we collect and how do we use it?
Information you give us.
You may provide information by contacting us via our Websites, Apps or by email, telephone, social media or otherwise, or by signing up for our newsletters or alerts, or by creating an account and then using our services.
If you use our services through your company, your employer may provide us with information about you when it signs up to use our services, for example, your name and business email address.
Information provided to us by a third party and/or collected from public records in the case of fraud or suspected fraud. In the case of fraud or suspected fraud, we may obtain information from third parties and from public records to prevent and detect fraud.
To perform our contract with you, we will use your information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Provide you with ground transportation.
- Create records of bookings, and to send you booking acknowledgements, confirmations, receipts and invoices
- Maintain records of lost property.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation, we will use your information to:
- Detect and prevent fraud and crime
- Insurance purposes
- Reporting and data analysis purposes
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by Transport for London and any other licensing authority where we provide services
- Meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback
- Monitor and assess the quality of our service
- Pass on feedback such as ratings or compliments about our drivers
- Sign you up for our newsletters or alerts
- Contact you via telephone, email, SMS or via our Apps to identify our users
- Personalise our services for you, for example, to provide you with an accessible vehicle where you request such a vehicle
- If you have opted into marketing, to send you promotions and offers tailored to your use of the services, for example, discounts on airport bookings where you frequently make airport bookings
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- If you have opted into marketing, to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you; or
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
- Marketing: We manually carry out customer segmentation for marketing purposes based on journey history. We use this to make our advertisements more relevant for market segments, such as promoting relevant journey types.
- Fraud prevention: We use a combination of risk screening tools and manual intervention to ensure that customer profiles are not fraudulent. To do this, we match the personal data provided by customers against data fields such as name, email address, mobile phone number, and we use this to accept or decline bookings.
How do we share your personal data?
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others for, promotional or marketing purposes.
However, we do send:
- Passenger information to our service partners within our booking and scheduling platform
- Fraud prevention tools located in the UK for the purposes of preventing fraud
- IT support service providers who support and maintain our booking platform and have access at our premises working on a secure server
- Our insurance company and claims handling companies, for the purpose of investigating and settling any insurance claims.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other
organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably
- Comply with a legal obligation, process, or request
- Enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address security, fraud, or technical issues
- Protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where do we store your personal data?
Main and backup servers located at our head office at:
The security of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Websites, Apps, over email or via our contact centres; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access, or modification.
How long do we store your personal data?
To determine the retention period of your personal data, we consider several criteria to make sure that we do not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary or appropriate. These criteria include:
- The purpose for which we hold your personal data
- Our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to that personal data, for example any financial reporting obligations and our regulatory obligations to Transport for London and other local licensing authorities.
- Whether our relationship with you is ongoing, for example, you have an active account with one or more of our brands, you continue to receive marketing communications, or you regularly browse or purchase off our Websites/Apps
- Whether you are no longer actively participating or engaging with our brands, for example, you do not open our emails, visit our websites, or share user-generated content.
- Any specific requests from you in relation to the deletion of your personal data; and our legitimate business interests in relation to managing our own rights, for example, the defence of any claims.
We will retain your information as follows:
- Your customer profile and account information (including your technical usage data), for 7 years after you last use our services
- If you contact us via email, we will keep your data for 5 years
- Records of bookings, lost property and complaints for a minimum of 12 months (we are required to retain such data to comply with our regulatory requirements).
- Voice recordings and text messages for 6 months.
- After you have terminated your use of our services, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
You have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We have described these situations below, as well as how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and are provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with.
You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Where you have provided your personal data to us under contract, you have the right to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, save for storage.
In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information (e.g. where you request correction or erasure, you also have a right to restrict processing of your applicable data while your request is considered).
You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
Objection to Marketing
At any time, you have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing communications, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.